26 June 2011
Like many of you, I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the events of the last week. I can't find the story. A few thoughts plucked from the storm in my mind:
- There was the Lindros era and now there was the Richards/Carter era. I was prepared for the latter to last 10 years and see a few Cups.
- Interviews with GMs and other team officials about their plans are not worth the time they take to read.
- Fucking Columbus...ouch.
- Getting new players is exciting. Having 2 blue chip prospects is exciting. It will be so strange to see this new team on opening night.
- I think the Flyers should really try to sign Brad Richards. If the cost is Leino, Carcillo, Powe, Nodl...whoever. Giroux will step it up even further this year and Briere is Briere, but we need one more primetime player up front. We could also use some younger players to step it up on the cheap.
- Even though the core of our offense just got younger with the addition of a 22 year old and a 21 year old, we don't have time to waste with what might be the oldest defensive group in the league. Still very talented but not far from being over the hill. As usual we're always in a Win Now mode.
- Apparently when Richards was called and told about the Carter news he went fucking ballistic. He must have had hardly any emotion left for himself 30 minutes later.
- Some guy at a wedding this weekend told me 5th hand that the Flyers had shipped Carle's, Coburn's, and Bobrovsky's pads back to them. I told him whoever was telling him that stuff was full of shit but who knows with the way things went down on Thursday.
I'm still just shocked. Mike Richards is #10 on the Los Angeles Kings. Jeff Carter is on a team in Ohio with RJ Umberger and Scottie Upshall. Weird shit man.
|< Prev||Next >|